Labor Day has come and gone. It is still technically summer for 19 more days, but in my head autumn has come. Pumpkin spice lattes have returned to Starbucks, school has resumed for many, football season has commenced & the mornings are beginning to have that distinctive autumnal chill in the air that says my favorite season has returned.
This September will be a busy one. My boyfriend came to town over Labor Day weekend, I will be spending time with him in Idaho from September 11-15 for his birthday & he will be coming back to Colorado the 19-21 where we will be spending the weekend in one of my favorite towns in Colorado, Fort Collins. I am beyond grateful that we get to spend so much time together this month. I am head over heels in love with this man and I’m counting down the months until we are in a long-distance relationship no longer.
On this upcoming Saturday, my seven year old Ford Focus, Sophie, will be spending the day getting new shocks, struts & brakes installed. Driving her any distance right now is a bit scary, as I don’t want there to be even more repairs added to the already expensive list.
With so much travel and the hefty price tag associated with necessary repairs to my car, I have specific goals I want to accomplish this month.
1. No eating out unless I’m with my boyfriend.
2. No shopping until Fort Collins weekend (my favorite store is in Fort Collins, so I’ll have to at least take a peak around!)
3. Read five books. Three for professional development and two for pleasure.
4. Organize and clean out my work desk.
5. Create my Christmas shopping list. (I always like to decide what I want to get my loved ones in September and begin shopping in October, so that all presents are bought prior to Thanksgiving.)
6. Workout 5 days a week, with at least two group classes a week.
7. Go on five hikes.
8. Try three new recipes.
9. Take lots of pictures.
10. Live in the moment.