Wow! How is October here already?
September, you were pretty great! Tailgates, trips to Boise and Seattle and celebrating the man I love turning 30. I am sad to see you go, but beyond excited that it is now my most favorite month of the year!
October, ytiour weather is always perfect – truly autumn weather with Indian summers ending in September and winter holding off until the end of November. The trees are showing off their most beautiful colors of crimson, orange, mustard and gold. Its the time of year that you get away with wearing just a flannel or sweater and not always need a jacket. The time when a hot drink and a bowl of soup sound exciting and not yet overdone. The time when the flavors of food are warm and comforting full of cinnamon and cardamom and nutmeg. When squash and apples are readily available and you’re buying mums and pumpkins for your front entrance to your home. The time when football season is in full swing and anything can happen at this point in the season. The month of the world series and the sweet crossover of America’s two past times.
October will now be even more special to me, because it is the month we are having our wedding celebration with our friends and family who are flying in from all over the country to join us on October 10 in celebrating our love and decision to do life hand in hand.
So, what are my goals for this most favorite month of mine?
- I want to be present and enjoy every moment. I want to savor the short time of having the people we love in town with us and not allow myself to get caught up in the small things.
- I want to exercise every day. Whether this a walk with Mavis or a Friday afternoon hike, I want to take advantage of the perfect weather and get moving outside.
- I want to get 8 hours of sleep a night. I can function on 6, but when I get 8 I feel like I can conquer the world.
- I want to paint my nails every week. This is a silly, but soothing ritual that I want to bring back.
- I want to make an impact at work. This has been an area of stress for me and therefore I want to do something big to show my value and competence.
What are your goals this month? Do you love October as much as I do?