Living in Southern Idaho means you’re centrally located to so many different places.
You’re only a few hours from Salt Lake City and Boise, only a few hours from Sun Valley and Jackson Hole, close to both the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. It’s easy to plan a weekend away and go exploring.
Closer to home are hot springs, the river, local monuments – especially from the Oregon Trail, and so many great hiking and snow shoeing opportunities.
Some of my favorites are:
- Lava Hot Springs, a geothermal hot springs range from 102˚ to 112˚. open year round.
- Craters of the Moon National Monument & Preserve, a volcanic wonderland that is fun to explore.
- Massacre Rocks State Park is rich in history and full of year-round recreation.
- Grand Teton National Park
- Idaho Museum of Natural History is home to collections in Anthropology, Earth Sciences, and Life Sciences.
- Museum of Clean – still on my list to go to!
- Idaho Potato Museum – still on my list to go to!