Joy has been my word for 2015 and a joy-filled year it has been!
Though we are only just into the month of November, I thought I would share 10 things that have brought me joy so far this month.
- Celebrating one month since we said “I do” with our family & friends. I can’t believe how quickly this last month has flown by, but it has been a wonderful one! Being able to call William my husband brings me so much joy. I love the life we are building together and the dreams we share.
- Picking Mavis up from day care. Mavis Jane is easily the silliest dog I know. She just radiates joy, but having her come barreling at you after playing with friends all day because she is SO excited to see her people is extra special. I love being able to let her run around and play all day when we’re at work, and the joy of reuniting at the end of the day is extra sweet.
- Chestnut Praline lattes are back at Starbucks. These drinks are my favorite Starbucks treat and it is such a simple joy to enjoy one in the mornings, especially when the air is crisp and chilly and they’re such an occasional treat and not an everyday indulgence.
- Baking. Baking has always been how I like to de-stress or celebrate something. I have really enjoyed baking this month so far and hope to do more of it throughout the holiday season.
- Writing Thank You notes. While it is taking me quite awhile to write them all, I am loving it. I love getting to thank our friends and family for bestowing their love, blessings and joy onto our marriage.
- Cooking. William and I have been teaming up in the kitchen and trying new recipes this month and I have been loving that time together at the end of the work day, playing and experimenting and making something delicious for us to share.
- I have begun buying William’s Christmas gifts which is joyful because they are things I know he wants or needs and I enjoy the opportunity to show him I’m thinking about him and that I hope to make this first married Christmas memorable and special.
- Decorating. While I love autumn and decorating for autumn, I was ready to decorate for Christmas by Halloween. Maybe, it’s because I began decorating for autumn over Labor Day or maybe because of all the planning for autumn wedding decorations over the spring and summer, but I have been loving making our home cozy and full of Christmas cheer. We have a few items to get still – wreaths, the tree, stockings, a table cloth – but I have been loving decorating with smaller items so far!
- Reading. I have been taking time to read more this month. Both books and magazines have been a part of every day, when they fell by the way side in both September and October.
- Our home. There truly is no place I love more than being home is leggings and over-sized t-shirts with my husband and our dog. It is the most joy-filled place and I love it. I am so thankful for our home and my family and the comfort and love they bring.