Can you believe that most of our favorite fall shows are already on their winter break? Most of my favorites won’t have new episodes until mid-February! While that gives plenty of time to catch up and clear out my DVR, I have to wonder if I’ll be interested enough in two and half months to tune in again, or if I’ll be over by then. The reason I ask is that for most of “my” shows that only I watch in our house, I just really don’t care any more. I enjoy the shows we watch as a couple, but the shows I watch for the most part just aren’t doing it for me anymore.
Shows We Watch Together:
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – This show makes us both laugh.
- The Big Bang Theory – We’ve both watched this for years and while it can be mediocre, it’s one we continue because we enjoy it.
- Life In Pieces – Easily the funniest show on TV right now. LOVE it.
- Scorpion – I only catch this one occasionally, but William loves it.
- Blindspot – I only catch this one occasionally, but William loves it and I do too when I watch it.
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD – I only catch this one occasionally, but William loves it and I do too when I watch it.
- NCIS – I only catch this one occasionally, but William loves it and I do too when I watch it.
- NCIS: New Orleans – I only catch this one occasionally, but William loves it and I do too when I watch it.
- The Grinder – This is a pretty funny show, but I’m not invested in it like I am Life In Pieces.
- Modern Family – Classic.
- Blackish – This show makes me laugh out loud at least once an episode.
- Elementary – We both love this one.
- Master Chef Junior – I love anything that has to do with cooking shows and seeing these kids creativity and joy from cooking is inspiring.
- Supergirl – I enjoy this show, but I’m still “take it or leave it” about it. It has a lot of potential though.
Shows I Watch:
- Quantico – I gave this one half a season, but I’m over it.
- Madam Secretary – This is one I’ll probably keep watching. I really enjoy it.
- Nashville – I enjoy this one, but I’m kind of over it. I’m sure I’ll finish the season at some point, but I don’t care enough for it to take up space on my DVR.
- Grey’s Anatomy – I have watched this show for over a decade, but it just doesn’t hold my attention anymore. It’s gone from my DVR.
- Scandal – I’m over it. It’s the same story week after week and I’m bored.
While some of the shows I watch are ones I’ve watched for years and therefore feel a desire to know how they will end, I don’t know if it’s worth my time to try and watch them or if I should just cut my ties and say it was fun while it lasted. I guess I’ll update you in February when they return.
Until then, I will enjoy the Christmas specials this month, the final season of Downton Abbey when it resumes in January and many good books and football & basketball games.
What TV shows do you watch? Is it just me finding television mediocre this season?