Happy Veterans Day & Happy Friday!
I have to say I wish Americans were all about the poppy for remembrance on Veteran’s Day like our friends in the U.K. are for Armistice Day. I’ve always found it a beautiful & moving tribute.
1. This video from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert of his monologue on election night that I found very poignant and appropriate and incredibly well done.
2. I painted my nails OPI’s Big Apple Red this week and it’s been a very cheery, festive color on my nails.
3. I’m rereading the Harry Potter series, and I’m loving all of the little details I’d forgotten over the years, like the Hogwarts school song!
Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling
With some interesting stuff,
For now they’re bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we’ve forgot,
Just do your best, we’ll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.
4. I am loving The Crown! William and I started the series on Sunday and have watched through episode 5. It is such a beautifully done show and I highly recommend it!
5. I love this picture my mama texted us this morning from my dad’s change of command in 2005.