I saw Jenn answer this cute little survey on Wednesday, and decided today, on Christmas Eve Eve, was the perfect day to answer them myself!
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
I love White Christmas, Elf, The Holiday and The Santa Clause.
2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes! Often, actually. But the best one was sophomore year of high school. We were living on the Air Force Academy and the base got a fresh coat of snow Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, so after we enjoyed breakfast and gifts, we piled in the car and went up to the cadet area for family sledding. It was so much fun!
3. Where do you usually spend the holiday?
William and I have spent our married Christmases just us two and our sweet dog. Growing up, my family always spent it just us wherever we were living at the time, so keeping it just immediate like that feels normal to me.
4. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
It’s a tie between Mary, Did You Know?, O Holy Night and Ave Maria. I adore them all!
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas eve?
We would always open a new pair of pajamas on Christmas Eve growing up, and this year my parents sent William and I each a gift with a note to open them on Christmas Eve, so I’m hoping she’s continuing the tradition even though we won’t be with them.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen… but do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph!
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
I love going to Christmas Eve mass and that William and I do Pad Thai on Christmas Eve.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake.
Fake. I love being able to have it up from the day after Thanksgiving through the Feast of the Epiphany and being able to pull it out again the next year.
9. What is your all time favorite Holiday food / Sweet Treat?
I love my Grammy’s pitzelles and Grandma’s date roll cookies. They’re both incredible!
10. Be honest, do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I love finding the perfect gift for the people I love and it brings me
11. What would be your dream place to visit for the Holiday season?
I would love to go to different parts of Europe. I’d love to experience the Christmas markets in Germany most, but I’d also like to experience a variety of traditions and foods from around Europe, especially the countries where William & I’s ancestors come from.
12. Are you a pro present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I enjoy wrapping presents and can do so quite well if I have the time to wrap them well. I love making crisp edges and curly ribbons, but tend to utilize a gift bag due to ease of access.