Happy Wednesday! I thought it would be fun this year to join Perfectly Port on the tenth of each month in this link-up!
Today’s topic is ten random facts about me. I feel like I always share similar facts, so I’m going to try to share ten things that aren’t my typical “go-to” facts.
- I feel most confident and put together when I’m wearing a red lipstick.
- In high school I dreamt of becoming Secretary of State one day.
- I prefer to sleep in socks. My feet are always so cold and I’ve found socks help me fall asleep quicker and sleep deeper.
- The food I miss most from not having to eat gluten-free all the time is soft pretzels. I’ve found an okay gluten-free frozen version at Wegmans, and I’m going to try and make my own, but I sincerely miss soft pretzels.
- I wrote my AP Lit exam essay on Rhett Butler from Gone With the Wind and received a perfect score. It’s something I’m still proud of a decade later.
- Every time I wear dark nail polish, my middle school self squeals in excitement that I wasn’t told to remove it and the bottle taken away. It feels rebellious to me, though I’ve been wearing it for years and wear it often.
- If I ever got a tattoo, it would be one of three things: two small twin stars, the Latin phrase lux et veritas, or a small cross. The spot I’ve always considered is my left wrist. I don’t know that I’ll have the courage to get one, but if I did, it would be one of those three
- I played the oboe growing up and would love to find a private teacher to start playing again.
- My favorite Pixar movies are Toy Story and Monsters Inc.
- I hate falling asleep again after waking up in the middle of the night. It makes me groggy and throws me off. I’d rather just stay up.
What are ten facts about you?