I got these questions from Money After Graduation and thought they’d be interesting to answer.
What are you going to do to give back to the community you live in?
- I am really looking forward to moving to Idaho and getting involved in the community there!
- While I finish my time in Colorado, I will continue as an adviser for a local chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta.
How are you going to show love to your siblings, parents, and grandparents?
- I will send my brother mail at college and try to visit him at least once this semester.
- I will do a monthly sister date while we still live in the same town.
- I will try and do more workout classes and sushi dates with my mom.
- I will try to spend more time with my dad.
- I will call my grandparents at least once a month and send them a handwritten letter at least once a month.
In what way are you going to show your significant other how much they mean to you?
I am moving to finally end our long-distance relationship, I will try to do little things throughout our time together to show him my love and I will continue to tell him how much he means to me.
What can you do to show appreciation to your friends?
I can be more intentional about spending time together and making my friends who live in different places a priority with more regular phone conversations.
What are you going to do to enrich your mind?
I will continue reading the news every day from a variety of angles and reading a variety of books. I would also love to pick up a new hobby like crochet.
How are you going to take care of your body?
I will do something active at least 5 times a week.
What are you going to do to go above and beyond the regular duties of your job?
I will continue doing my best and looking for better ways to get my job done.
What can you do now that will help your career in 5 years? 10 years?
I will get a job in my new town in Idaho and figure out a 5 year plan based on the new place I will be living and new phase of my life I am entering into.
How will you earn at least $1,000 in extra income?
I have NO idea. Get a raise?
What will you commit to learning about investing?
I will continue reading the literature that my Edward Jones representative sends me and reading the business section of newspapers.
What aspect of your personality can you work on to become a kinder, gentler, more forgiving person?
I really need to work on those attitudes toward myself. I am so critical of myself and need to accept a standard of “grace, not perfection” for myself.
What aspect of your personality can you work on to become stronger and more resilient?
I think starting a new job, or potentially moving without a job, will make me stronger and more resilient.
Where are you going to travel? For what reason?
- New York City: my birthday.
- Orlando & Cocoa Beach: family vacation.
- Idaho: to see my love. I’ll be moving here this year too!
- Coeur D’Alene: my little’s wedding!
- Georgia: William’s friend’s wedding.
- Alabama: visit William’s side of the family.
- Glacier National Park: William and I are going for some hiking & exploring!
- Missoula: show William where I went to college.
- Grand Tetons National Park: summer adventures!
- Yellowstone: summer adventures!
- Seattle: William’s 30th birthday & seeing The Who in concert!
- I’m sure there will be other fun trips too that just haven’t been thought out yet!
What goal that you have been putting off for years will you focus on now?
I don’t know, I need to figure this out!
How will you celebrate your life?
I will take lots of pictures & see JOY in the everyday.